Latest News

Changing the Name of a Child Born to Unmarried Parents

Tennessee law says that when a child is born to married parents the child will have the father's last name, unless the parents request otherwise. However, a child born to parents who are not married will have the mother's last name unless both parties agree on another name. An action to ... read more...

I Got a Girl Pregnant, What Should I Do?

17 November, 2009 by Lawrence in Child Custody & Visitation
This question comes up most often in the case where a casual encounter leads to a pregnancy, and the mother of this child is not anxious to let the father see or spend time with the child. If your situation is anything like this, there are some steps you can take, and there are also some ... read more...